Common Questions about Vacation Rental Homes
When is check-in/out time?
- Most properties will be available for check-in time at 4:00 PM. Check-out time is 11:00 AM.
May I get an early check-in / late check-out?
- During the peak summer months, we will do our best to take your request for early check-in or late check-out. Late check-out during the summer months is seldom available. Please request early check-in or late check-out prior to your arrival/departure dates. We will do our best to honor your request.
What is your Cancelation Policy?
- Please contact our office as soon as possible in the event you must cancel or change properties. We will only refund your initial/final rental payments (less travel insurance fees if applicable, booking/processing fee, and $75.00 cancelation fee) if the property is re-rented for the same time period. Once your reservation has been confirmed, any cancelations or property changes will be subject to this cancelation policy. To prevent loss of rental payments we strongly recommend purchasing Red Sky Sun Preserver travel insurance.
What is Travel Insurance?
- You are a valued guest and we want to do everything possible to make your trip enjoyable and worry-free. Because the unforeseen and unexpected can occur, we recommend and offer optional travel insurance through Red Sky. The travel insurance fee covers unexpected events such as illness, hurricanes, travel issues, trip cancelations and/or interruptions, etc. and is available for a fee of 6.95% of the rent total. If you elect to purchase the optional travel insurance, the total premium amount will be added to the initial rental payment. You may purchase travel insurance up to 30 days prior to your arrival date. If you have any further questions, please contact Red Sky at 1.866.889.7409.
Is there a Grocery Store nearby?
- Cannon Beach has the Mariner Market at 139 N. Hemlock St. (503-436-2442), Fresh Foods Market in Tolovana (503-436 0945), and the Surfcrest Market at 3140 S. Hemlock St. (503-436-1189). If you are doing a lot of grocery shopping we suggest visiting Safeway in Seaside at 401 South Roosevelt Drive. Small quick-stop grocery stores are found throughout Cannon Beach.
May one build a bonfire on the beach?
- Yes. The fire must be at least 30 feet from any vegetation. Please use small pieces of wood only. Large logs are prohibited. The beach fire must be west of the vegetation line, and there are NO EXCEPTIONS. Please build your fire away from the beach grass & piles of driftwood. Please extinguish the fire with water; don’t bury it as burying it may allow the embers to remain hot and they may continue to smolder for hours. We will advise our guests of any changes to this policy.
Where may I purchase wood?
- You may purchase wood from us here at Cannon Beach Vacation Rentals, (based on availability), 164 Sunset Blvd (503-436-0940), or the Sea Ranch RV Park- 415 Fir Street (503-436-2815). You may also purchase wood at the Surfcrest Market (503- 436-1189), The Fresh Foods Market (503-436-0945), and the Mariner Market (503-436-2442).
How do we check-in and get keys/entry code when we arrive?
- Upon your arrival, you will check in and pick-up keys or your key code at our office located at 164 Sunset Blvd. in Cannon Beach. If you arrive after our office hours, you will still come to our office. Prior to your arrival, you will be emailed a "Lock Box Code” to access your welcome packet. Inside the lockbox will be the welcome packet, an envelope with the house keys or entry code and driving directions to your vacation house. Please call for current seasonal office hours.
Are linens & towels provided?
Yes, all of our homes are provided with linens and towels for normal use.
- Please bring your own beach towels and blankets to use on the beach.
Is the Kitchen Fully Stocked?
- In many cases, it’s stocked better than the average home. Most every home includes a refrigerator, stove/oven, dishwasher, coffee maker, dishes, pots & pans, glasses, silverware, cooking utensils, small electrical kitchen appliances, and a washer/dryer with the exceptions of the smaller properties, Dolphin Inn North & South (which are equipped with a mini-fridge, a microwave, a coffee maker & a toaster; these also have paper and plastic utensils and dish-ware). Purdy House, The Sandcastle Inn Suites, Gull's Nest Cottage, Scandia North, and The Bungalow have no washer or dryer.
Are all the homes non-smoking?
- Yes, all of our homes are strictly non-smoking.
May I bring my dog(s)?
- Many of our homes are Dog-Friendly. Please visit our website to see which of our homes are Dog-Friendly. The pet fee is $50 per pet, per stay and is non-refundable; any damage caused by a pet will be subject to additional charges.
- Our policy for “service animals” as defined in the Americans with Disabilities Act recognizes that vision, mobility, hearing and certain other disabilities may need greater accommodation than those with allergic disabilities. Service animals under the ADA are “guide dogs, signal dogs or other animals individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability”. If one of the intended occupants of a rental has a disability and is assisted by a service animal, please alert us in advance as to the specifics so that accommodation can be made while minimizing the potential harm to other guests disabled by serious allergic reactions to animals.
May I get a mid-stay clean during my stay?
- Yes, for an additional charge of $40.00 per hour with a minimum of 2 hours. Prior to your arrival, please let our office know if you will be requiring a mid-stay clean.
Does my home have internet access?
- Most of our homes have Wi-Fi internet access. Please call our office for details at 1-866-436-0940.