Cannon Beach Cottage Tour
An annual tradition, The Cottage Tour is a fundraiser benefiting the Cannon Beach History Center and Museum with all proceeds directly benefiting the organization’s operations. Raising nearly 20% of the annual income needed to run the facility and its programs, this event has become more popular every year since its inception and is the reason why the museum remains free to all visitors year-round.
What is the Cannon Beach Cottage Tour?
A self-paced walking tour of Cannon Beach’s historic cottages The Cottage Tour is a don’t miss event for history enthusiasts, home designers, architects, and anyone who would like to see the inside of some of these quaint historic homes. Some of which have been featured on and received awards from Oregon Home Magazine, Sunset Magazine, The Oregonian, Seattle Times, Oregon Coast Magazine, and HGTV.
Included in the cost of your tour ticket is a post-tour reception and concert hosted Saturday evening at the CBHCM complete with refreshments and fun! As well as lectures in history and gardening and an English-style garden tea at Tolovana Hall on Sunday.
The Cottage Tour Tips & Tricks:
- Bring comfy walking shoes.
- Leave your car at your hotel or vacation rental as parking is an issue in town. If you are coming from out of town be sure to arrive early.
- All homes on the tour are private and may not be handicap or mobility accessible.
- Be sure to use your construction booties when entering all homes. (To be handed out with map and ticket upon tour check-in.)
- No pets, food or drink in the homes.
- No photography in the homes, unless otherwise stated by the homeowner.
- We don’t typically sell out however advance ticket sales are encouraged.
Why Attend The Cottage Tour?
Besides a weekend of casual strolling in a beautiful beachfront town in view of Haystack Rock, attending The Cottage Tour gives you access to private homes and cottages that you won’t find easily elsewhere! You will learn first hand about the history of the area, the homes and its inhabitants over the decades and get to take in the beautiful architecture, decor, and gardens of these residences.
Most of all, coming out for this annual event supports the local community and keeps the wonderful programming that the Cannon Beach History Center and Museum offers available to field trip students, locals and tourists alike.
Stay in a Historic Cottage with VisitCB
Go beyond the tour and stay in a historic cottage with VistCB.com. Offering guests a variety of homes and cottages we are proud to offer a wide selection of properties that were selected to be included in the tour. An exciting opportunity for guests, rest assured though historic your rental is equipped with modern amenities and features.