Upper Town Firefighter Museum
On view at the Uppertown Firefighters Museum is an extensive collection of firefighting equipment and memorabilia from Clatsop County dating back to 1877. On exhibit are a horsedrawn ladder wagon, hose carts, a 1912 American LaFrance fire truck, a Stutz fire engine, and a 1946 Mack fire truck. Come check out these amazing machines and how they helped protect the area for decades.
The Astoria Children`s Museum is quartered on the second floor on this historic structure. They offer educational programming for young children with interactive play and hands-on activities. For more information call them at (503) 325-8669.
All housed in a historic red brick building which was originally constructed in 1896 as part of the North Pacific Brewery which closed its doors in 1915 due to prohibition. In 1928, the City of Astoria renovated the building for use as the Uppertown Fire Station #2. The station was decommissioned by the City in 1960 and used for equipment storage until 1989 when the Uppertown Firefighters Museum opened.